Tuesday, February 27, 2007



Ezra's 2 weeks today! I guess you could say we are getting into more of a routine. He wakes us 3-4 times a night. Mike will get him and change his diaper and then hand him off to me to feed. He doesn't go to the Dr. again until March 6th. He's got a little bit of diaper rash and absolutely hates diaper changes. Everything is going well and we are having a lot of fun caring for our new,tiny family member.

In other news, on Monday morning we experienced a strange phenomenon. I had just put Ezra back in the bassinet after feeding him. I laid back down next to Mike and a few minutes later we heard the door of our room rattle and then the dresser across the room began to shake. Both Mike and I sat straight up in bed. We checked for Skyla (our dog) thinking maybe she had bumped into something, but she was on the bed looking just as alarmed as we were. Mike got up to look out the window to see if the wind was blowing really hard. It wasn't. Eventually, we went back to sleep. Later that day I emailed my friend Shelly who lives here in town to see if she had experienced anything similar. She responded to my email and said that we had had a small earthquake. I told Mike that the good news was that our house wasn't haunted, and that we had survived our first earthquake. Mike did some internet research and apparently the epicenter was in Claut; a town not too far to the north of us. The one at 6:50 am registered a 4.35 on the Richter Scale. You can check out a map at this website http://rtweb.units.it/dbrecenteqs/. Click on the big green square and it will take you to a map that shows the proximity of the epicenter to our town, Cavasso Nuovo. Apparently, there were a couple more later in the day, but we didn't feel it. My friend Shelly said she didn't feel the first one. Anyway, it was quite a bit of excitement. Just as long as they don't get any bigger than that...

No comments: