Thursday, August 18, 2016

May

The field behind the school was filled with buttercups during May!  Often, we walk through the field and into the woods to get home after school each day.


The kids wanted to make me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day, but they were unsure about some of the necessary steps.  In order to not mess anything up and enable them to be completely self reliant on Mother's Day, they wanted me to make a step by step list of how to make each item.  Jonas was in charge of cooking the scrambled eggs.  Ezra made me toast and banana bread (I made the banana bread before hand and had it in the freezer so all he had to do was pop it in the toaster).  Judith was in charge of coffee and water.  I was so proud of them and touched by their efforts. AND it was good!


One of our favorite after church lunch spots: Jason's Deli!


Jonas sported a new haircut.



I think this was a little celebration for Karli's birthday.


We also, after years of saying "not right now" when God told me to, accepted our first Compassion child.  His name is Amauel and he lives in Ethiopia.  Here's a picture of Judith reading his profile to get to know him a little better.


Mike put on Master Sergeant in Florida!


Jonas participated in a Cal Ripkin baseball clinic at the Bowie Baysox stadium. 



Mike and I surprised the kids with a Memorial Day visit!


We had fun at the pool and just snuggling at home.


On Sunday we enjoyed a trip to Sky Zone.



On Tuesday with had a Cub Scout ceremony.  I can't remember what it was for.  I think it was for Ezra completing the requirements to become a Webelos.


No comments: