Thursday, August 18, 2016

Judith's 6th Birthday

In an effort to be a Pinterest mom, I took this picture of Judith holding the blackboard with the party details.  I had prints made and then she handed out the pictures as invitations.  It worked.  Mostly.  The details were a little hard to read.  :)


Judith wearing her birthday girl shirt to school.


I brought up a cookie cake for Judith to share with her class.


One of the main things she wanted was her own Bible.  Judith had been talking about a relationship with Jesus for a long time.  She would ask good questions and we would have lengthy conversations but because of her age I kind of kept saying, "I'm glad you're asking questions and I love talking with you about this.  Jesus is talking to your heart.   Let's talk about it again soon." On our way to the National Arboretum she noticed the cross hanging on my rearview mirror and the conversation began again.  She said she was ready but again in an effort to wait a bit longer I said, "If you're really ready, let's do it at prayer time tonight".  Thinking she might not remember unless it was real I didn't mention it, but at prayer time she asked Jesus to be a part of her life!  So yes, she was excited to get her very own Bible.  



We got some birthday frozen yogurt with Karli and Lexi.


Again, Pinterest Mom, at your service--here is Judith's mermaid cupcake cake!  So cute!


Super cute "crab" sandwiches.


Table decor set up in the wet room at Arundel Aquatic Center.


Pictures in the pool were hard to get because everyone was moving so quickly and going underwater.  


After some pool time, the kids came into the room for food and cake.






Judith and her pal Evan.


We opened gifts at home.




Me and my pretty 6 year old!


No comments: