Friday, January 09, 2009

We had our second really good snow all day on Monday. It is all still on the ground because it hasn't gotten above freezing since then to melt any of it. Burrr! On Monday, during the "blizzard" Ezra and I got out for a few minutes (him longer than me) to enjoy the snow in the back yard. I helped him experience the joy of eating snow. Of course he loved it! I didn't think it tasted all that great. Then, I wondered if we probably shouldn't be eating it as there is at least 2 nuclear power plants within an hour of our house. Yikes!

I love to see all the white every time I look out the window but I do wish I could be outside more with the boys with out having to put 5 layers of clothes on them. I'm totally cool with cold, semi-snowy winters for 3 years, but how do people live whole lifetimes where it's even colder than this? How do they ever get any outdoor exercise? Anyway, I'll be glad for warmer weather so we can be outside daily. Skyla enjoyed the snow, but only if we were outside playing with her. She wasn't content to be by herself in the cold.

The snow accumulation you can see on Ezra's car was 1/2 way through the day. It continued snowing after we played outside, and by the end of the day, you couldn't even tell we'd been outside running around. We actually had (very small) drifts in our yard.
Jonas will be 7 months on Monday and he's almost crawling. Every day he gets a little stronger on all fours. It won't be long. Time to invest in some baby gates! He's already in to things as you can see. No, he's not very happy in the one picture. Getting stronger is hard work.

Here's a good pic of Ezra. He was actually wanting to have his picture taken and willing to smile.

Poor kiddos. They're both sick. Jonas has had a runny nose and cough for almost a week (in addition to the ever-present eczema issue), and Ezra's just started yesterday. No fun, but slightly better than the stomach flu I suppose. It seems to have miraculously by-passed Jonas (knock on wood...). I just hope Ezra's cold doesn't turn into an ear infection as it has the habit of doing.





1 comment:

Janette said...

Those boys are so stinkin' cute! :) I love the first picture of you and Ezra!