Monday, March 31, 2008




Ok, here's what 29 weeks looks like. We had a beautiful weekend (after snowing only 6 days before...). This is our back yard. I have a Dr. appointment on Wednesday. I'm not really hoping for anything too exciting, but I would be thrilled if she could give me any glimmer of hope that I might be having this baby early. :)
Also, Mike was "Scorpion of the Week" last week. Scorpions are what the people in his squadron are called. It's sounds a little juvenile, but this is the second time he been chosen and it's really an honor (I think). He might chastize me for putting this on the blog, but I don't care. :) I wanted to relay what the letter from the commander said concerning his being chosen.
"During air control operations, you responded to a radio outage, quickly troubleshooting and repairing a faulty coaxial cable. Your effforts quickly restored a communications system vital to C2. Also, you stepped up by filling a vacancy as Radio Maintenance Production Control, a position normally filled by a NCO (non-comissioned officer). You ensured preventative maintenance was performed and documented on $223.5K of equipment. Finally, you spearheaded the effort of reorganizing the shop's storage areas making deployment preparation easier while, at the same time, recycled valuable material. Your professionalism, energy, and dedication have been vital to the unit's ongoing operations. You have been an all-around exceptional Airman and your leadership has not gone unnoticed."
And then a personal note from the commander:
"Mike, Great job as usual. Your technical skills are apparent and you are showing your huge potential as a future NCO. I appreciate all your hard work and support of the squadron. Respectfully, Lt. Col. Jackson"
Great job Mike!!

No comments: