Saturday, October 27, 2012

Roller Skating

AWANA had a skate night so we took the kids roller skating for the first time ever.  It was sooo much fun!  Both Ezra and Jonas picked it up really fast.  This ol' girl was a little wobbly at first, but I was surprised how easily it came back after not having skated in more years that I care to remember.
 
They have these cool "trainers" now for new skaters.  We rented one, and I'm glad we did because I think it really helped build their confidence, but by the end of the night they weren't even using it!
 



 
As you can tell, Mom was in charge of the skating part.  Mike "doesn't skate".  I think you can tell by this picture that I may have been enjoying myself a little too much.  ;)


 
It's a lot of fun to have the kids be a little older now and we can start doing some really fun family stuff!  We were pleasantly surprised with how well they did and can't wait to go back!
 

No comments: