Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Independence Day!

We had a wonderful 4th of July! Except for Mike being gone of course. It was so nice to actually be IN America to celebrate.



Mom and I sang in a patriotic program at church. I made it through all the practices with no emotional break downs, so I mistakingly thought I would be ok for the performance. Wrong.
One "song" was a compilation of all the military branches' songs. There were flags from the
branches on stage that were highlighted as we sung their song. I teared up through most of that song and a couple of others. I was so annoyed with myself, but I think I covered it up fairly well. Otherwise, it went really well. :)



They also had a "Wall of Honor" with military member's photos and paraphernalia set out. There is a picture of Mike and my Grandpa who was in the Coast Guard.



Then we had burgers and dogs and some amazing desserts at the church picnic.



We had the grandma's over for venison burgers and more dogs for supper, along with home made ice cream (Yum!) and patriotic cupcakes.



Later, we went over to my cousin Laney's house to watch the fireworks from The Woodlands, shoot our own fireworks, and ingest yet more cake and ice cream! The pictures of the fireworks didn't exactly turn out like I had hoped. The camera was on the "fireworks" setting so that part turned out great, but the people--not so great. Pretend they're artsy instead of bad pictures. :)Jonas and Judith loved the fireworks. Ezra loved them from the safety of inside of the pick-up where he watched them with Grandpa.







I know that there are 3 pictures of Judith with various faces. I whittled those 3 down from the 7 super cute ones I took and couldn't decide between them so you get all 3. :) I love the nose scrunch! That little bow is clipped to like 5 hairs. :)













No comments: