Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jonas' 2nd Birthday Party



We are back in Texas--to stay for a while. Mike is set to leave for Afghanistan in the very near future. He will be there for 6 months and with 3 little ones, I thought it would be
best for me to be near my family while he is gone. They have
already been soooo much help to me and while I miss my house, my things, my precious friends, and church in Germany, I think Texas is the place for us to be right now.
We've been in town for a week and yesterday was Jonas' 2nd birthday. He was such a happy boy on his special day (he's a happy boy most of the time). We had been reading Curious George stories every night at bedtime, so I think he liked his CG themed party.
We had lunch before cake and
while he wasn't a fan of his chicken salad
sandwich, he had great fun with the pineapple.



Then we visited for a little while and everyone chatted with Mike via webcam on Skype.
Then it was time for cake. He definitely wanted to blow out the candles and was so close that I let him continue to try. He finally got both of them blown out. There was also a considerable amount of slobber on the cake. He ate that piece. :)
I love the looks of triumph on his face after he'd succeeded.



















And then there were presents...


1 comment:

Janette said...

I'm glad ya'll are in Texas for awhile, although I'm sad for your reason to have to be here!! Hopefully the time will fly by, and we'll definitely have to figure out a time to get together. :)