Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jonas' 1st Birthday

We were so blessed to be able to share the fun of Jonas' 1st birthday with so much of our family. I made Jonas' cake egg free and dairy free and it was pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

We definitely didn't go all out with decorations as you can see from my home-made sign. But at least it was enough to pull together some semblance of a theme.

We had our friend Chip (who is a fabulous, professional photographer) shoot some family photos and displayed them on this table where guests were encouraged to write cards to Jonas. The cards were started with things like, "Jonas you are special because..." or "When I see Jonas I think...". So we got some really great responses! I think it will be neat for him to look back on those notes when he's older.
Here is the birthday boy wearing his birthday outfit in front of his birthday sign.















Ezra and Daddy were both pretty excited about Jonas' special day.
















Opening just a few of the many wonderful presents!














Ezra got almost as many presents as Jonas! This picture looks like he's asking, "Am I not supposed to open these? I thought you said these were mine??" He was a very good boy the whole evening.









Time for cake!


The aftermath.












Jonas with friends and family.
















Jonas helping with the clean up.











Happy and tired birthday boy.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a nice mom you are to have such a fun party for your 1yr old! Evan was lucky to get a cupcake:)

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi! I came accross your blog through a fellow blogger! I am a porud Army wife! We are looking at getting stationed somewhere else. We've been in California for 4 1/2 yrs and been married for almost 5 so this area is where we've been most of our marriage! We have been talking about maybe going to Germany or Italy or staying in the states and moving closer to my family. It's so cool because you've been to both and throught that maybe you could tell me about your experiences? We want to make a wise decision! If you don't mind..could you tell me about these places?:D I think you have a beautiful family! I plan on visiting your blog often:D

Susan@-)----

Mike and Erin said...

I would love to tell you about our experiences in Germany and Italy, but would it be possible for me to send it to your email address? Mine is erin_j_allison@yahoo.com

eurodavis said...

Happy Bday Jonas! Better late than never! and Congrads to Mike! Miss you guys! how is germany treating you? Is the base 1000 times better than here? I've heard that through the grape vine. Please go have a crappy dinner at chili's for me! Man oh man I would give my right arm for some crappy chili's! :)