Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mike and I took advantage of Parent's Night Out at a local church. We had talked about what we would do, but neither of us had any wonderful ideas. I didn't want us to waste time deciding after we dropped them off, so I took it upon myself to make reservations. Mike was totally annoyed that I was taking pictures. Can you tell? :)
A friend recommended a German steakhouse about 25 min north of where we live. It was fabulous!
I'm not super huge on steak, but I appreciate a good one. Since meat is one of the only things that is completely safe on the new "diet", I've been eating a lot more of it lately. This is the one I ordered. It comes covered in carmelized onions, mushrooms, and cheese (except no cheese for Erin--boo!). Served with a mountain of french fries of course. Mike got his plain (surprise, surprise) with some garlic butter on it.
This was outside the restaurant.
It was really nice to be out together...alone. But we did end up picking the kids up early. Baby steps... Hopefully, we can do this more often and I will get more comfortable leaving the boys.
Sorry the video is so short. Ezra wasn't really cooperating. He knew I was filming, so he just wanted to push Jonas really quick and then run back over to me to watch himself in the video.

Today was the best day in Germany so far! At least as far as the weather goes. We spent most of the day outside.

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Good for you and Mike getting out! The weather here in Ohio has taken a turn for the better, too. Hope it lasts.