Monday, February 04, 2008

The day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. Yea! This morning I had my big ultrasound where they identified body parts and organs. Mike missed this appointment with Ezra so he was able to come and enjoy seeing the baby for such a long time.
Although the technician couldn't give us specific details about the baby's health he did tell us a few new pieces of information.
First, he is still very definitely a boy. We've officially decided on puppies for the nursery, but still no name. Since I'm getting a little tired of blue, the nursery set that we picked out is brown and beige plaid. It's really cute!
Second, he said the baby currently weighs about a pound. And looks pretty good. We saw his beating heart, brain, kidneys, stomach, bladder, limbs, spine, etc. Looks like a little person in there.

Third, judging by the measurements (which is how they had to determine due date in the beginning), he put my due date at June 10th, 4 days earlier. Technically the first set of measurements is supposed to be the most accurate, so they will not change my official due date of June 14th. If this one is like his brother he'll be 4 or 5 days late anyway. :)
So I have another appointment on Wednesday with my OB to go over some lab results and the findings from today's ultrasound. Hopefully, we won't have too much to discuss because everything will be perfect! If there is anything interesting to report, I'll do another blog. Otherwise, just assume everything in A-ok.

2 comments:

chipgillespie said...

Oh my gooness! There's a person inside you! Awwww....

So I totally had a flashback series of moments the other day for some reason as I was running and was re-living the sunday school days with Dr McPhail and Scott -- I have no idea why, but it was fun going there for a few minutes.

I miss you guys!

chip

Mike and Erin said...

How do you find time to run?? Yeah, good times... :)