Tuesday, October 23, 2007



Good news!! We are expecting another baby. I know, we wait 6 years to have the first one, and now they're just popping out right and left. Mike and I have always wanted to have kids that were close in age and Ezra is such a good baby that it encouraged us to have another. No doubt we will both be very busy the first several years, but we are excited and hopeful that they will have a very close bond.


We found out about a week and half ago. I really have no symptoms, but it had been a month and a half since I stopped breast feeding and I hadn't had my monthly visit so I just thought "what the heck". Since they determine the due date by the first day of your last menstrual cycle, they had to use the measurements from the baby to determine the due date. They said it's pretty accurate and determined that I was about 5 1/2 weeks along. I'm due on June 15th, but we're hoping for a June 14th baby in order to make about 4 or 5 funny coincidences. As long as he/she isn't late like Ezra!


Mike's hoping for a girl this time around, but I'm really fine with either. We have lots of clothes for a boy and I could dress them in matching outfits. :) But a girl would be fun too.


Anyway, that's the news. Oh, and we're in Houston until December 12th.






3 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations on your new baby!! How exciting! I agree, it will be fun to have them so close in age. How nice that yall get to be in town while we're having such great weather for a change.

Mike and Erin said...

Thanks! Yeah, it's warmer than Italy, but super nice for Houston.

Leo and Christy Marez said...

Congratulations!! We have been playing around with the idea to but I think we are gonna wait few more months. We're both so lucky to have such great babies!!