Friday, August 18, 2006



My 15 week appointment yesterday was disappointingly uneventful and short. The Dr. was able to listen to the heartbeat through my belly (which was highly desirable compared to the alternative method I had to endure last time). It took her about 4 tries to find it so I was starting to get a little nervous, and very relieved when she finally found it. She only listened for about 10 seconds but we heard it kicking around (although I'm not feeling it yet). The heart beat was at 158.

I also had blood drawn for standard testing for genetic diseases. We won't get the results back for about 3 weeks, but we're not too concerned. The blood is sent to San Antonio and Keesler (of all places).

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and it shouldn't be too long after that that we find out the gender. The Dr. said they do it around 20-22 weeks. So while that seems like an eternity, we are looking forward to finally being able to start decorating and stuff.

I do have a slight bluge and you can see from the picture, but some of that was still left over from a rather large dinner I ate. :)

No comments: