Thursday, July 27, 2006



First, some pictures of our furry child, Skyla enjoying the water at a creek leading to Lake Barcis. Even in July, the water is freezing. The top right one is of her being carried downstream a bit by the current.

There is new life around us in many ways. These, a green bean, a zucchini, and some tomatoes came from my garden. The tomatoes do look a little funny, but they taste fine.





Last but certainly not least is the ultrasound picture of our baby. Under it's head, the Dr. typed Ciao! Mom and Dad! It's too early to determine gender but we did see and hear a beating heart, which is the most important thing. They confirmed my due date of Feb. 8, 2007. They also saw only 1 baby. The heart is beating at 162 bpm. If you go by the rule that boys have fewer bpm than girls, 162 is pretty much in the middle of the range. So unfortunately, no real clue as to what gender it is. I have another appt. in 3 weeks when I am 15 weeks along. They will look for and check more of the child's anatomy (hopefully they will be able to determine gender). They will also run the standard triple marker test for any abnormalities as well as check amniotic fluid etc. That's about all I can think to tell you. More in 3 weeks.

This is me and the baby. I'm not showing too much. You could tell more in a naked picture, but Mike wouldn't let me post that on the internet. Ha, ha.

Tentative plans are for Mike to be deployed in Jan and for me to come to Houston to have the baby. Not the most ideal situation, but he has to go and it's either in Jan or May. We feel that a Jan deployment is the lesser of two evils.

More later. :)

No comments: