Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ezra's birthday was Friday, and we celebrated on Saturday (which also happened to be Valentines Day). I don't want to make a habit out of having his birthday on Valentines Day, but in this case it was just more convenient to wait one extra day for the weekend. I want to make every effort to keep the birthday and holiday seperate. I know it doesn't really matter to him right now, but it probably will later on.

This was on his actual birthday. French toast for breakfast--a welcome diversion from the usual egg, waffle, pineapple fare. We worked for a day or so on telling him to say, "Two!" when asked how old he is. I sang happy birthday to him about a million times that day.
The cake upon completion. Not exactly award-winning like the one from last year (ha, ha), but definitely home made with love. As Mike so lovingly commented, "At least you can tell what it's supposed to be...". The kid loves his Veggie Tales.
All in attendence at the party. The Allison family. :)
Light it up!
Blowing out the candle.
Enjoying cake.Opening presents.
Jonas helping.
"Ooooo..." "Big truck!"
Birthday Boy!
Parents spent.

Happy Valentines Day!

Jonas is giving you a hug.

3 comments:

Jolyn said...

What a great cake! And a beautiful family:)

Janette said...

Okay, Mike's comment about the cake made us laugh out loud! :) It looks really great...good job! And I can't believe how many teeth Jonas has! He's only 6 weeks older than Karys and she has none! :)

Mike and Erin said...

Thanks guys! I tried... :) Yeah, Jonas takes after me in the teeth area. We both had our first teeth come in at 4 months. I'm just thankful I can still breastfeed.