Wednesday, December 14, 2005

As you may have noticed, I haven't blogged in a while. Because I believe none of you would enjoy or benefit from the mundane details of our every day lives, I haven't bothered to record them.

A brief update: Mike was sent back to Mississippi on November 12 for more training. Despite ardent protests from his superiors at Aviano, the Air Force insisted upon his returning to finish what would have been 11 more days of class if Hurricane Katrina hadn't screwed everything up. The 11 days turned into 5 weeks. We had 2 days notice before he had to leave. So as opposed to spending Thanksgiving alone in a foreign country, I too decided to go back to Houston for about 3 weeks. Mike was able to rent a car and drive to Houston for Thanksgiving and we had an early Christmas. I got back to Italy a couple of days ago and Mike will be returning on Saturday.

I will blog again as soon as we do something interesting. We're hoping that Mike will get some time off at Christmas or New Year's. For the celebration of the holiday and our 5th wedding anniversary, we're hoping to spend several days in Rome. No definite plans yet, but we're keeping our fingers crossed. If we do in fact enjoy a "Roman Holiday", I will blog and post pictures of our adventure. I'll probably send out an email notifying you of a new and interesting blog. :)

No comments: